Guide to Advertising on Campus – Student Edition

Do you have an event or meeting coming up and you want to get the word out?
Get information about how to advertise on campus and find links to those opportunities!

 Bulletin Boards (Res Life)

Residence halls have bulletin boards and other designated spaces for posting event flyers. Create your flyer and be sure that it includes your student organization name, date and time of event and contact information. Bring your flyers to the appropriate Complex Coordinator of the Residence Hall you wish to have it hung. Flyers must be received at least 5 working days prior to when you would like them posted.

 Bulletin Boards (Student Union)

The bulletin boards are located throughout the Student Union. Create a poster or flyer and bring 2 copies of it to the Information Center. Posters can stay up for a maximum of two weeks or until your event has ended (whichever comes first). Be sure that your organization is registered with Student Activities and that your organization name is on your poster.


Chalking is permitted in general, but not permitted in any areas inaccessible to rain, or any vertical surface.

Spray chalk is not allowed. Snow paint and snow painting is not allowed.

 The Daily Campus

The Daily Campus newspaper serves the UConn and Storrs Community Monday through Friday. It has a readership of approximately 24,000. Refer to the Daily Campus Advertising Rates manual to decide on the size, day and frequency your ad will run. Create and save your ad as a PDF, JPEG or TIFF file. Fill out an Insertion Order form, e-mail and fax your ad at least 3 days in advance of when you would like it printed.

  • Cost: Varies according to size and color used
  • Contact: 860-486-3407
  • Web: The Daily Campus

 Document Production

Document Production is a print shop located on the Storrs campus. They can make copies, print flyers and print large scale posters for your organization for a fee. They can also design posters for you. Visit their website for pricing and to inquire about design options.

 Glass Showcases (Student Union)

There are 4 glass display cases along Union Street in the Student Union that can be reserved to advertise for your organization. They are large in size, so there are many possibilities when choosing your items to fill them. Reserve your showcase by contacting the Event Services Office. The showcases can be reserved for two weeks at a time. They are reserved on a first come first serve basis.


The iCenter provides the University community with a one stop location to perform the most common student service tasks. They have bulletin board space available for registered student organization events on a first come first serve basis. Create your poster or flyer and bring 2 copies to the Information Center. The Information Center also has large flat screen television screens that play advertising stills. Create a Power Point slide with information about your event and send it to the Information Center contact.

Shuttle Buses

The University has an extensive bus system that uses seven different routes a day. Nineteen buses have the capacity to offer overhead advertising, allowing exposure to about 58,000 passengers a week. Design and print 19 bus ads that are either 11″L x 24″W with ½” margins on the top and bottom or 11”x 17” with ½” margins on the top and bottom ($100/week) OR 8.5″ x 11″ ($50/week). They should also be laminated or backed with a strong flexible material. (Printing and laminating can be done by Document Productions for a fee). Be sure to contact the Coordinator of Advertising to ensure that there is available space. Space is sold on a weekly basis and can be available for up to a year.

 Student Daily Digest

The Student Daily Digest is delivered weekdays at 11 a.m. to undergraduate and BGS students at the Storrs and regional campuses. All submissions are screened by official Moderators. Offensive language and posts dealing with non-University content will be rejected and returned. Moderators reserve the right to edit for consistency and clarity.

 Student Union Theatre

The Student Union Theatre plays movies Friday through Sunday during the semester. Advertisement stills are run before each showing. Visit the theatre advertising website and download the template to design your ad in Power Point. Be sure to abide by all rules that are listed on the theatre advertising page. Save your advertisement as a jpeg or pdf file and fill out the online form.  Be sure to send your advertisement at least 2 weeks in advance of the date you would like it to run.

Dining Halls

Digital advertising, foyer posters, and foyer tabling is available in all eight dining units on campus.

UCTV – Television

UCTV is a student-run television station that broadcasts on “HUSKYvision” channel 14. You can contact UCTV to create a commercial for your organization. Contact the advertising director at least a month in advance of when you would like the commercial air. Provide the advertising director with information about the event and any ideas that you may have for the commercial. You may also create your own commercial and submit it to UCTV.

University Events Calendar

The University Events calendar is a website that displays a calendar of all registered events on all UConn campuses. You simply go to the online form and fill in the information about your event. You will receive a confirmation e-mail letting you know if you event was accepted.

WHUS – Radio

WHUS 91.7 is the local FM radio station at the University, and is also available streaming at They have a wide listener base spanning the Storrs Campus, Hartford Campus, and most of Connecticut. They run announcements during and between programs. If you have any questions or would like to come in to help produce your own announcements, do not hesitate to contact the production director, Carl Duesler. Someone on their talented production team will gleefully produce your announcement.